Hello Fidelity House CRC community,
I wanted to reach out to you regarding Fidelity House CRC’s preventative efforts related to the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak. The health and safety of those we serve as well as our valued employees is of the utmost importance. FHCRC has been monitoring the situation carefully and reviewing information coming out at the regional, state, and national level. Although the risk of contracting the Coronavirus still remains low, we want to take every precaution. A brief description of the virus and symptoms is summarized below:
- COVID-19 is a respiratory virus. Current symptoms have included mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.
- According to CDC, the virus is spread mainly from person-to-person, between people who are in close contact with each other (within about 6 feet).
- Spread is from respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes
Members of the FHCRC leadership team met today to outline a series of plans that will be implemented across our various programs and facilities. Measures are already in place to prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria that can cause the flu, Coronavirus, and other contagious illnesses including:
- Daily cleaning at Parkridge Day Program
- Cleaning across all shifts in Residential homes
- Precautionary measures (hand sanitizer and hand washing reminders) at all locations
- Limits on community integration and interaction with the public
- Rescheduling non-essential medical appointments to reduce exposure for persons served.
- Limits on visitors (exceptions for visiting nurses, rehabilitative consultants, or visitors of those on hospice/palliative care)
- Limiting in-home visits where feasible
- Limiting visitors to Parkridge Day Program
Measures that will be implemented in the coming days include:
- Protective Personal Equipment supply (masks, gloves, and gowns) at all locations
- Development of a screening tool and process by which persons served will be assessed for risk level
- Development of a quarantine plan in case of a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Development of screening tools and measures for all FHCRC employees, consultants, and visitors to FHCRC facilities and homes
- Assessment of nursing and clinical supports needed to implement various new protocols and measures
- Cancellation all non-essential in-person meetings
- Technology for phone/video conferencin
We are actively working on the above efforts and we can continue to add to our plan as new updates are released by the Department of Developmental Disabilities (DDS), Department of Public Health (DPH), and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). For more information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please refer to the following website for the most updated information on the outbreak and measures being implemented across the state:
You’ll see more information from us in the coming days and weeks. Feel free to reach out if you have further questions. Working together, we will get through this.
President & CEO