Skill development for adults with disabilities.
Day “hab” services offer an alternative to paid employment or can be a supplement to paid employment.
Activities in Day Hab focus on developing skills in the following areas:
- Communication – verbal and nonverbal language development
- Social skills – interpersonal, leisure, community membership
- Fine and gross motor development, sensory motor development
- Behavioral and emotional support
- Independent living skills – meal prep, housekeeping, safety, money management
- Activities of daily living – hygiene, dressing, dining
Clinical services such as nursing and behavioral supports as well as physical, occupational, and speech therapy assessments and goal planning are available, if needed, in combination with our daily activities. Two or more services may be combined to create a meaningful program, tailored to the needs and interests of each individual.
To qualify for the Day Habilitation program, there are two prerequisites:
To qualify for Day Habilitation, an individual with disabilities must be a MassHealth member. To learn more about MassHealth, click here https://www.mass.gov/how-to/apply-for-masshealth-the-health-safety-net-or-the-childrens-medical-security-plan
Fidelity House CRC Day Habilitation staff can assist with the MassHealth application process. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 978-374-9122.
To qualify for Day Habilitation services, an individual must have:
- An intellectual or developmental disability as defined in 130 CMR419.401 and as certified by a primary care physician
- An evaluation to determine that day habilitation is needed to acquire, improve or retain their maximum skill level and independent functioning
For more information, contact email@example.com or call us at 978-374-9122.
Thank you to everyone at Fidelity House for making it a great vacation week …the field trips and so many opportunities to connect with other families for friendship.