Skill development for adults with disabilities.
Day “hab” services offer an alternative to paid employment or can be a supplement to paid employment.
Activities in Day Hab focus on developing skills in the following areas:
- Communication – verbal and nonverbal language development
- Social skills – interpersonal, leisure, community membership
- Fine and gross motor development, sensory motor development
- Behavioral and emotional support
- Independent living skills – meal prep, housekeeping, safety, money management
- Activities of daily living – hygiene, dressing, dining
Clinical services such as nursing and behavioral supports as well as physical, occupational, and speech therapy assessments and goal planning are available, if needed, in combination with our daily activities. Two or more services may be combined to create a meaningful program, tailored to the needs and interests of each individual.