HEATLINE at 1-800-632-8175 (voice/TTY)
Call the Cold Relief Heatline, to find out where to apply for Fuel Assistance (LIHEAP), Weatherization (WAP), and the Heating System Repair and Replacement Program (HEATWAP).
Fuel Assistance also known as the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), is a government program to help low-income families and individuals pay their heating bills during the winter. Community Action Inc., 3 Washington Square, Haverhill, MA 01830 – (978) 373-1971.
The Good Neighbor Energy Fund operated by your local Salvation Army Office, is for those with limited income that are not eligible for fuel assistance. Your immigration status does not matter for this program. You may apply by directly contacting your local Salvation Army Service Center.
Mass 2-1-1 is an Information resource for finding help in paying heating bills. Just dial 2-1-1 for assistance. Available 24/7.
Project Bread Food Source Hotline: 1-800-645-8333
Serve New England (food co-op): 1-888-742-7363
Bread & Roses Soup Kitchen, Lawrence, MA: 978-681-8768
Cor Unum Meal Center, Lawrence, MA: 978-688-8900
Lazarus House & Good Shepherd Center, Lawrence, MA: 978-682-2227
Neighbors in Need Food Pantries, Lawrence, Methuen and Andover, MA: 978-685-8321
Salvation Army, Lawrence Corps, MA: 978-682-8038
Methuen Arlington Neighborhood Inc.: 978-691-5646
Community Action Inc, Greater Amesbury, MA: 978-388-2570
Our Neighbor’s Table, Amesbury, MA: 978-388-1907
Pettingill House, Salisbury, MA: 978-463-8801
Salvation Army, Newburyport Corp, MA: 978-465-0883
All Saints Parish Food Pantry, Haverhill, MA: 978-372-7721
Calvary’s Kitchen, Haverhill, MA: 978-360-0337 or 978-373-6466
Open Hand Pantry, Haverhill, MA: 978-372-2828
Salvation Army of Haverhill, MA: 978-374-7571
St. Vincent de Paul Society, North Andover, MA: 978-686-4050
Neighbors in Need Food Pantries
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 447, Lawrence, MA 01842
Main Office location: 60 Island Street, Suite 214-East, Lawrence, MA 01841 (978) 685-8321
Neighbors in Need has Food Pantries in Lawrence, Methuen and Andover.
Tuesday Food Pantries
- 8:30-9:30 am So. Congregational/Iglesia Adventista Del Septimo Dia Jerusalen, 198 South Broadway, Lawrence
- 10-11 am Christ United Methodist Church, 207 Haverhill Street, Lawrence
- 5:30-6:30 pm Methuen Public School Family Resource Center, 10 Ditson Place, Methuen
Wednesday Food Pantries
- 8:30-9:30 am Ministerio Apostolico Jesucristo es el Senor, 96 East Haverhill Street, Lawrence
- 10-11 am Methuen Arlington Neighborhood, Inc 141 Tenney Street, Methuen
Thursday Food Pantries
- 8:30-9:30 am Inglesia Adventista Del Septimo Dia, 297 S. Union St., Lawrence
- 10-11 am Boys and Girls Club, 136 Water Street, Lawrence
- 4:00 – 5:00 pm Andover Senior Center Four Seasons, Room 30, Whittier Court, Andover
Friday Food Pantries
- 8:30-9:30 am Third Baptist Church, 22 Warren Street, Lawrence
What to expect
- Food is available to all who request it without judgment or needs-assessment at the above times and locations.
- Please get in line when you come to the pantry – there will be food enough for everyone.
- Your first time at the pantry, volunteers will help you fill out an intake form.
- Please bring your own bags with you to carry home your groceries.
- Please limit your visits to once each week.
Neighbors in Need pantries are closed on the following days:
- New Year’s Day
- Fourth of July
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day and the days between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- In cases of inclement weather, Neighbors in Need Food Pantries close when Lawrence
Public Schools are closed.